It is important for children to develop their music skills from an early age in life. This is because music comes with more advantages than meets the eyes. Some parents might think that it is just a waste of time and a way to divert their kids from more important things that they could be learning. That is something that they will want to think about again the moment that they are done reading this article on the important benefits of music in our schools.
Musical training helps develop language and reasoning:
The areas of the brain that are related to language and reasoning, are developed when students begin learning music at an early age. That is the left side of the brain, and when better developed with music and songs, it can help them grasp information.
A mastery of memorization:
The skill of memorization is one of the most important ones, and you’ll find that even when the students are reading the music from a sheet of paper, they still use their memories to perform.
Students learn to improve their work:
When students learn music, it promotes the craftsmanship in them, whereby they want to create good work. The desire to create good work can be applied in other subjects of study.
The hand-eye coordination of people that lean and practice music is greatly improved. It improves their motor skills.
A sense of achievement:
Learning to play new instruments, or pieces of music can be quite a challenge sometimes, and when children actually do, they feel a sense of achievement, pride in the fact that they made it.
Kids stay engaged in school:
When music is taught in an enjoyable way, it keeps children engaged and interested, and they are likely to achieve more in other subjects too.
The Best Electronic Drum Set
Those are some of the reasons why music is important for children. We are now going to go ahead and review some of the best electronic drum sets of 2018 in the market today. You can click here for more information regarding these electronic drum sets.
Alesis Nitro Kit
This is a drum kit that makes one feel like a pro when playing. It features three dynamic 8” tom pads, an 8” dual-zone snare drum, and a kick drum pad with pedal. It has an unlimited range of playing due to the three 10” cymbals and a crash with choke. Four aluminum mounting racks keep everything in place, a Nitro electronic drum module with hundreds of percussion sounds, and 40 different kits and 60 built-in play-along tracks.
- Dynamic, comfortable pads for great feel and natural response
- 8″ rubber drum pads (dual-zone snare, three single-zone toms)
- Kick pad tower with bass drum pedal included
- 10″ cymbals: ride cymbal, hi-hat, crash with choke
- 4-post aluminum rack-super solid for stability and flexibility
This digital tabletop drum kit plays like an actual drum set while using up less space. One can play to prerecorded drum kits and songs like soft rock, hard rock, electronic, pop, jazz, or they could record their own. It is powered by an AC adapter, as well as batteries, for wireless playing. It can also be plugged into a computer.
- LED control display
- Headphone and USB outputs
- Kick, Hi-Hat and DC power inputs
- USB port doubles as MIDI In /Out
- Seven drum pads with touch sensitivity
- Two different voice metronome system
- 215 percussion voices and 128 GM voices
- 25 preset drum kits and five user drum kits
- Dimensions: 19.65″ (L) x 14.5″ (W) x 6.2″ (D)
- Powered by DC 12V adapter or six “C” size batteries
- DC 12V adaptor
- Pair of drumsticks
- Two foot pedals (kick and hi-hat) (laptop not included)
RockJam Electronic Roll Up MIDI Drum Kit
This kit comes with 9 drums and cymbal pads that feature several sounds, two pedals that emulate a real drum kit, a power supply, and drum sticks. The drum set also has USB MIDI connection, built-in speakers, and a record function. It is easy to roll up for portability.
- They provide realistic sounds that are similar to non-electric drum kits
- They come with an assortment of sounds: Crash cymbal, high tom, snare, open/close hi-hat, low floor tom, low-mid to, ride cymbal
- USB MIDI connection to upload beads to a PC
- Easily rolled for portability
- Two Pedals
- Power Supply
- Built in speakers
Alesis DM10 X Kit
This is a premium six-piece professional electronic drum set that comes with 10-inch and 12-inch drum pads, 12-inch, 14-inch, and 16-inch cymbals, top-of-the-line DM10 module and a chrome-plated XRack. It has an advanced sequencer and more than 1,000 sounds featuring multi-sample technology, for the ultimate professional experience.
- Heavy-duty, chrome-plated steel rack with hinged, Alesis quick-release clamps.
- Pad clamps feature T-bolts for easy no-tools adjustments.
- More than 1,000 uncompressed, sample-based sounds featuring Dynamic Articulation.
- Works with iPad via Apple USB Adaptor (sold separately).
- Comes with Alesis logo plate.
- Includes fully adjustable snare stand for optimal positioning and crosstalk reduction.
- Integrated cymbal arms, convertible to boom or straight.
- New-look DM10 high-definition drum module with updated appearance.
- This product is class compliant; it does not require drivers.
Yamaha DTX400K Customizable Electronic Drum Set
The Yamaha DTX400K customizable electronic drum set features an acoustic drum, percussion sounds, modern rock drums and electronic tones. The customizable kits can be practiced along with interactive training functions that include a “Voice Guidance” system. Users can create their own practice tunes, or play along with the preprogrammed practice songs. Among the upgrades are 3-zone snare, extra crash, and real pedal. The set features 10 legendary drum kits and training functions along with newly developed drum pads, large cymbals and new silent kick unit. It also features a groove check, rhythm gate and measure break.
- It comes with more than 290 different sounds
- It has a compact design that houses ten professional electronic drums
- It comes with a 7.5-inch touch pad
- It features a silent bass kick unit
- 10-inch crash cymbal pad
- 10 different settings such as oak custom, marching and percussion, vintage, maple customer, jazz, session and more
- It comes with a drum throne, a single pair of drum sticks and topnotch JVC headphones
Music is a very important aspect when it comes to the development of our kids, and it should be learned from an early age. Using drums like some of the electronic drum sets that we have reviewed above will definitely play an important role in their development.