Steps to Choosing Your First Handgun
Choosing the first handgun can prove to be quite a challenge for people that know nothing about handguns. They would probably like to get a weapon to protect themselves and their loved ones in the event of an attack, but when they get to the store, there are so many different options that leave them confused. In this article, we are going to look at some of the things that one should consider when buying a handgun for the first time.
Evaluate Intended Use
You need to know what you intend to use the gun for before you can purchase it. Most of the people purchasing guns for the first time, do it for their protection or self-defense. A basic shotgun or rifle should work best in this instance, since they are easier to learn to use, and also provide the right protection for the money invested.
Set a Budget
Guns come in all sorts of price ranges, from $150 to several thousands of dollars. It is important that you come up with a budget for the sort of gun you would like to buy. A gun in the range of $400 is recommended for first time buyers.
New or Used
New guns usually cost more by between 25-50%, and it is up to you to decide what to go for. The good thing about going for a used gun is that you’re likely to get a better quality gun for a lower price.
Size and Caliber
This is one of the hardest things to decide for a new gun user, and it basically rounds down to the intended use of the gun. Full sized guns chambered in a lower powered caliber as easier to shoot as compared to compact guns with high caliber. If you intend to keep the gun concealed, you would want to go for a compact, lightweight gun.
How does it feel?
A good gun is one that is comfortable in your hand, with all of the controls within easy reach.
The Best Gun Safes to Keep Your Firearms Safe
Once you have finally gotten the gun of your choice, the next thing that you should consider is safety. Where will you keep the gun stored? It has to be a safe place that is also easy to access in the event that danger appears suddenly. In this article, we are going to do some gun safe reviews, 2017, so that when you go to purchase a gun safe, you’ll have an idea of exactly what you want.
GunVault SpeedVault SVB500 Gun Safe
This safe is safe, secure, and keeps your gun ready for action. It is also very discreet, even coming with a revolutionary design that is ideal for the home or business.
- Biometric Fingerprint Scanner and Activation button, holding up to 120 individual Fingerprints
- Fast Activation drop down drawer, for quick access
- 18-Gauge steel construction, with protective foam-lined interior
- Precise fittings are virtually impossible to pry open with hand tools
- Mounts almost anywhere, in any direction
BARSKA Top Opening Biometric Fingerprint Safe
This safe can store up to 30 fingerprints in its biometric fingerprint security system. It has a hydraulic door system that opens up once the unique fingerprint is accepted. It also has special keys that can be used to access, while pre-drilled holes enable one to mount it onto a surface for added security.
- Top-opening biometric drawer safe.
- One-year limited warranty
- Fingerprint control can store up to 30 users
- Pre-drilled holes allow safe to be mounted into the floor, a shelf, or counter top
- Two solid steel locking bolts; motorized deadbolt lock
- Includes protective floor mat, emergency back-up keys, and mounting hardware
Stack-On SS-22-MB-E Security Safe
This safe is tested and listed as one of the California Department of Justice firearms safety devices, meeting the California Penal Code Section 12088 and the regulations issued, requirements. It also features 2-way locking, 1” steel live action locking bolts, up to 6 locking points and has a fully carpeted interior. It also comes with Stack-On’s safes come with patented molded barrel rests that are durable.
- Holds 22 rifles or shotguns up to 54 inches tall, or 11 firearms and storage, or all storage
- 4 Adjustable shelves
- Exterior has a black epoxy paint finish with chrome accents and silk-screen on the door
- Electronic lock includes operational lights for open, low battery warning and incorrect entry
- Fully carpeted interior
Sentry Safe Biometric Pistol Safe
One can access this safe with a fingerprint as well as combination program, giving people speedy and quick singlehanded access to their safes.
- Programmable digital key pad with zero audible feedback
- Program a fingerprint as well as a combination
- Compression gas strut opens and holds the lid in the open position
- Whisper-quiet entry
- Reinforced with heavy duty 12-gauge steel
- Pry-resistant door
Stealth Handgun Hanger Safe
With the Stealth Pistol security safe, you can comfortably store three guns on hangers, while two more can be stored in the storage space below. The quick electronic keypad gives you quick access to the interior that is illuminated by a red light to enable seeing the guns even in the dark.
- Holds 3 handguns at the ready and 2 handguns flat – max capacity: 5
- Quick access spring loaded drop down door with red interior light and optional silent mode
- Solid steel construction with anti-pry tabs and high strength locking latch
- High strength security cable included, high density foam interior with scratch resistant rods
- External dimensions: 9″ H x 9″ W x 12″ D / Weighs: 15 lbs / CA DOJ approved
You now know some of the tips when choosing your first handgun, although there are many more. You have to keep the gun safe from other people, only giving you and other authorized people access to them. That is the reason that one should go for a gun safe, and above that we reviewed being amongst the best you’ll find in the market.
- No Related Posts