Choosing an Air Compressor
Choosing an air compressor can turn out to be a nightmare if you’re not sure what you’re looking for. There are many things to look for when choosing an air compressor to buy, and in this article, we will quickly highlight on some of the things that you should look for.
Analyze the requirements of the air tools that you will be using
You need to know the sort of work that the compressor will be doing. Is it for commercial needs, or domestic use around the home? What will the volume requirements of the tools that you’re using? That is the only way that you’ll find the compressor you’re looking for.
Choose between piston-type and portable compressors
What sort of air compressor are you after, piston type, or single stage compressors? There are two varieties of piston type compressors, single stage that use one piston to compress air and top out at about 150 psi., and two stage compressors that deliver near continuous air pressure, and top out at around 200 psi. portable air compressors, on the other hand, are better used for light duties around the home for things like inflating tires and rafts.
Making Specific Determinations
This is the second part of how you can determine the air compressor to buy.
Look at the horsepower (HP) of the air compressor
Horsepower in an air compressor ranges between 1.5 and 6.5 HP. There are industrial air compressors that use a higher amount of HP. There is also the CFM rating, or Cubic Feet per Minute to take into consideration.
Space and Portability
This is very important, depending on where you’ll be using the compressor, and where you’ll be storing it.
Impact Wrench Mini-Reviews
Having looked at some of the things to take into consideration when considering buying an air compressor, we are now going to look at review of some impact wrench mini air compressors.
Best 1/2-inch Impact Wrench Overall
Ingersoll-Rand 2135TiMAX 1/2-Inch Air Impact Wrench
This Ingresoll Rand air impact wrench is made to provide maximum control, power, and reliability for a wide variety of car maintenance jobs. It is built to last, and it comes with enhanced controls for improved comfort and convenience.
- 780-foot-pounds max power
- Professional touch trigger with a wider range of power regulator settings in forward
- Patented push button forward/reverse provides maximum control
- Weighs just 3.95-pounds
- Comes with a MAX Protection Program offering a free 2 year limited warranty with tool registration
Best Budget 1/2 Inch Impact Wrench
Impact Wrench, ½ Inch, Composite, Twin Hammer
This is a twin-hammer clutch 1/2-inch impact wrench that comes with a maximum power of 550 ft. lbs. of torque at an affordable price. It comes with a variable speed regulator that provides low, medium and full power output in the forward direction and maximum power in reverse.
- 550 ft.-lbs. provides steady, reliable power for tough lug nuts and more
- Powerful and balanced twin hammer impact mechanism delivers results with reduced vibration
- The TL140200AV requires 3.4 SCFM at 90 psi
- A soft comfort grip helps reduce fatigue and provides optimal comfort
- Designed for DIY projects and general-purpose applications such as automotive maintenance and repair.
Best 3/8-inch Impact Wrench Overall
Ingersoll Rand 2115TiMAX 3/8-Inch Impactool
The Ingersoll Rand 3/8 inch Impactool has excellent performance for maintenance and automotive or industrial impact tool. It measures 6 inches long, weighing less than 2.5 pounds. Its compact size means that it can better access tight spaces, it’s light weight not tiring the user.
- Max Power – Best in class power performance providing 300 ft. pound of torque in the reverse position
- Max Control – It comes with a feather touch trigger and a wider range of power regulator settings in the forward position, while always offering max power in reverse
- Max Reliability – Free two-year limited warranty with registration
- New 7 vane motor that delivers even more power
- Patented one-handed forward & reverse for easy operation and control
Best Value 3/8-inch Impact Wrench
Ingersoll Rand 7807R 3/8 Standard Duty Air Angle Reversible Drill
Ingersoll Rand 3/8″ Chuck drills comes with speeds ranging from 1,200 to 2,500, and also features reversible and non-reversible models. It is perfect for honing, reaming or drilling holes, and is the excellent power tool for the family. It’s a durable, reliable tool for drilling in all types of materials, including sheet metal, wood and composites.
- Durable Jacobs multi-craft chuck
- Reversible, with convenient control
- Comfortable lever throttle
- Grease plug for easy preventative maintenance
- Precision machine gearing ensures maximum power transfer and durability
There are all sorts of power tools out there, and the air compressor is one of the most common ones that we use around our homes. That is why it is important to have one in your home, and hence the reason why we came up with how you can choose one, as well as some reviews. That will a big help for you when making your choice.